PTG Mission Statement:
To serve as a liaison between South Kingstown High School and the community, and as a source of information for families. Through these functions we will support and promote teaching and learning at the high school.
The South Kingstown High School PTG (Parent-Teacher Group) is a volunteer group of concerned Parents and Teachers who have come together to enrich the student experience. The PTG proudly supports our Students, Faculty and Staff here @ SKHS by sponsoring community events, offering enrichment programs and organizing volunteers to assist during the school year. We welcome you to participate in our monthly meetings which are usually held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 in the SKHS Library. Our meeting dates are listed on the PTG Event Calendar page.
Yearly PTG activities
* Incoming 9th Grade Presentation
* Open House Presentation
* SKHS Education Series
* Teacher Appreciation Lunch
* Provide food for Winter Ball
* Provide snacks for Seniors and Faculty on Portfolio Day
* Organize/Host Graduation Reception
* Provide assistance to SKHS Faculty and Class Advisors
* Improve Entranceways to Schools
- Hazard Entanceway has been scrubbed clean of bubble gum
- Purchase and install additional benches
* Enhance the quality of school life for students and staff
* Foster SKHS School Spirit
Check out our fundraising page
to see how you can help SKHS with fundraising with purchases you already make with no additional cost to you!
For more information or to send suggestions, comments and/or concerns...please feel free to contact us through our facebook page: SKHS Parent Teacher Group