Physical Education Attendance Policy
It is our belief that all students need to be in class and be on timein order to achieve optimum benefits from physical education. Studentsmust earn eight credits (two per year) in P.E. to graduate from SouthKingstown High School. Since we are a Pass/Fail subject (S = satisfactory & U= unsatisfactory) it is extremely important that students be present inclass. Grading is based on attendance, participation, and effort aswell as meeting the national standards in physical education. Writtenwork may also be incorporated in the grading system.
Attendance and Make up Procedure:
All students are able to have up to three excused absences from physical education each quarter.
Students must make up all of the following:
- All absences exceeding the 3 allotted
- All unexcused absences
- All unprepared (not changed) for class
- Students will fail physical education for the quarter if they do not follow the above criteria.
- Students missing a total of 8 or more classes, excused, unexcused and make-ups combined, will fail physical education for the quarter.
- Students failing physical education for the quarter will have to attend PE Credit Recovery held on Saturdays.
- Students obtaining a medical excuse for the quarter should see their guidance counselor regarding PE credit.
- Medicals should be on file with the nurse’s office.
- Students do not need to make up classes if a medical note from a doctor is provided.
- Notes from parents do not qualify as a medical note.
- Students with medical excuses must participate in participate in 60% of classes held in order to receive PE credit.
PE Make up Days:
Studentswill be able to make up missed classes on a weekly basis. Dates will beprovided and posted at the beginning of each quarter.