In accordance with the Core Values & Beliefs of South Kingstown High School, it is the philosophy of this department
that the study of foreign language enables the student to communicate with those of other countries
and to better understand the rich diversity of the cultures of the world.
Therein, the student acquires a better understanding of his/her own culture, language, and self.
| || |
As stated by the National Standards for Foreign Language Learning, the student will:
| || |
- communicate in languages other than English;
- gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures;
- connect with other disciplines and acquire information;
- develop insight into the nature of language and culture;
- participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.